The Glade Arts Foundation Scholarship Program was established to award scholarships to visual artists within Montgomery County, Texas. The Glade Arts Foundation Scholarship Program will primarily distribute funds for visual arts education to high school students who demonstrate a strong commitment to personal artistic growth, exceptional talent, dedication and focus. Secondarily, funds may be distributed to non-traditional students of the art who have also demonstrated the characteristics above and a commitment to visual arts.
Scholarship Information Click to Apply
The Scholarship Program will focus specifically on the Visual Arts; High School Scholarship recipients must plan to major in Art in college. Foundation funds may be applied to tuition at any recognized college or university, or summer intensive arts education program in support of an art major.
Non-Traditional Student Scholarship recipients can apply their Foundation funds to specific visual arts continuing education courses as well as focused field trip activities around continued visual art education and knowledge.
Scholarships are awarded competitively, and applications will be reviewed by a panel of judges who are practicing artists, arts educators, the GAF art curator and the board of directors. Once the Scholarship is awarded it will be paid directly to the school or program in the awarded applicants name.
The following items will be used to determine eligibility for the Glade Arts Foundation Scholarship funds:
- Montgomery county resident and all residents of The Woodlands
- US citizen or eligible non-citizen
- H.S. recipients must already be accepted into an undergraduate visual arts degree program
- Plan to attend full time under-graduate hours
- Hold a High School GPA of 3.0 or above (HS Initial applicants)
- Hold an under-graduate GPA of 3.0/li>
- involved in at least one community service project throughout high school
- Community recipients will be selected by the GAF panel of judges
- Submit the formal Glade Arts Foundation application with portfolio of art works along with resume
2018 Application Period: September 1, 2018 - December 15, 2018
In order to be considered for the Glade Arts Foundation Scholarship funds, an application must be on file by December 15, 2018
If mailed, Applications must be postmarked on or before December 15, 2018 and mailed to:
Glade Arts Foundation
Attn: Art Scholarship
2000 Woodlands Parkway
The Woodlands, Texas 77380
Or completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com
For more information, please firstname.lastname@example.org